• Title

  • Blue Zone Project Presentation

    • Share:
    •  
    Name: Blue Zone Project Presentation
    Date: March 19, 2018
    Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT
    Event Description:
    Let’s Blue Zone Paradise! No, this isn’t about politics. It's about health, wellness, happiness and longevity! Scientists identified five areas around the world where people lived longer, healthier, happier lives. National Geographic explorer, Dan Buettner wrote about the lifestyle commonalities of these so called “Blue Zones” in his book “The Blue Zones – Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who’ve Lived the Longest”. With the understanding, based on the Danish Twins Study, that only 20% of a person’s lifespan is determined by genetics while the remaining 80% is controllable, The Blue Zones Project set out to see if Blue Zones could be created. They started in Albert Lea, MN. and, in just a few years, have seen amazing results – everything from risk factors to resident’s health (35% drop in smoking in just 6 years!), to insurance benefits (34% decrease in health insurance claims in 2 years!), to improved local revenue generation (15% average annual increase in lodging taxes and 12 new businesses opened on their expanded Main Street!). Flash forward to today – there are now 42 Blue Zones in 9 States! These include Fort Worth, Texas and the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii. A small group of folks devoted to increasing the quality of life in Paradise thought, “Wouldn't this be a perfect fit for Paradise?” and set to work to make it happen. We are so excited to announce that the Blue Zones folks are coming to Paradise!! Mark your calendars for Monday, March 19th 6:00pm at the Paradise Performing Arts Center to hear Dan Buettner’s brother, Nick Buettner speak about the Blue Zone Project and how it can benefit Paradise. Community engagement is key to the success of this movement. Reach out, get involved and let’s make Paradise the healthy, happy community it deserves to be!
    Location:
    Paradise Performing Arts Center
    Date/Time Information:
    Monday, March 19th 6:00pm
    Contact Information:
    Melissa Schuster (530) 228-0941
    Fees/Admission:
    No fee/admission
    Set a Reminder:
    Enter your email address below to receive a reminder message.
  •  

     

  • *If you are interested in advertising on our site, please download the following form:
    Advertising Form

  • Upcoming Events